Saturday, January 17, 2009

Monroe - Jack Peters Gro.

Jack Peters' Gro.
Located halfway between Atlanta and Athens, in Monroe, GA, Jack Peters' grocery has been a family business for three generations. Today, Stephen Peters runs the grocery store that has been passed down from his grandfather to his father and now to him. Stephen's oldest customers can still remember a time when they were forced to come through the back door. In 1946, they saw four of their own hanging from a tree. In three days, we will have a black President.

Stephen Peters

2 comments:

goooooood girl said...

your blog is very good......

Summerbreeze said...

This is great commentary for the photos, Matt. As we used to say in the newspaper business, this is the best kind of human interest story. I am going to photograph a general store that I found in my guide book possibly this Saturday, or soon, anyway. I love to drive the S.C. backroads, or "blue highways," as you know. I never tire of it, and it's one of the best ways for me to relieve stress.
Keep up the good work in this blog.
John